Catalyst child and family services Fair Work Enforceable Undertaking
We refer to the review conducted by the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO), a result of a self-disclosure by Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd of errors in payroll administration that has resulted in contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009 (FW Act) and Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Award) as follows:
- Failing to roster and offer hours as per the rostering provisions of the Award
- Failing to pay correct overtime rates for hours worked;
- Failing to pay the correct on call allowances;
- Failing to pay the correct shift and penalty rates;
- Failing to apply the correct wage progression for relevant classification
Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd has formally admitted to FWO that these contraventions occurred and has entered into an Enforceable Undertaking with the FWO (available at www.fairwork.gov.au) committing to a number of measures to remedy the contraventions, rectify workplace practices and ensure future compliance. The undertakings include:
- Rectifying the underpayments to the employees affected by the contraventions. Where Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd is unable to pay an employee directly, it has undertaken to make application to the Commonwealth of Australia (through the FWO) in accordance with section 559 of the FW Act to pay money into the Commonwealth Revenue Fund.
- Undertaking an audit of Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd compliance with all Commonwealth workplace laws and applicable industrial instruments, such as the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 on signing, after 12 months of the execution of the EU and again at 24 months of the execution of the EU.
- Ensuring that the workplace systems and processes implemented or proposed complies with their obligations under the FW Act.
Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd expresses sincere regret and apologises for the unintended errors, which resulted in the contraventions. Furthermore, Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd confirms it has implemented measures that will prevent the possibility of any reoccurrence thereby ensuing compliance with all requirements of the Commonwealth workplace relations laws in the future.
If you worked for Catalyst Child and Family Services Ltd and have queries or questions relating to your employment, please contact Catalyst at email@example.com Alternatively, anyone can contact the FWO via the website at www.fairwork.gov.au or the Infoline on 13 13 94.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.